Friday, February 15, 2008

Kidney Stones... The Bane of My Existence

Well, here I sit in the bed with my MacBook waiting for the next wave of pain. Apparently, I have another kidney stone. For the last couple of days I have been experiencing some referred pain in, shall we say, other areas of my body. This morning I had the tell tell indicator of the feeling of having a knife plunged into my back. Honestly, I was relieved to find out that it was a kidney stone and nothing more mysterious.

The last time I had a kidney stone was in seminary... during exams. That was a glorious experience to say the least. They run in my family. My mom and sister have had them several times through the years. If you have never had one it is difficult to describe the pain. All I know is that my mom claims that she has had kidney stones that were more painful than birthing either of her children. Ladies, those were her words, not mine- don't hassle me with your tales of woe and 14-hour labor.

I will accept, however, your suggested home remedies. I have to speak at a Men's Breakfast at our church in the morning. Leave me some advice comments if you've got 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment