Wednesday, October 3, 2007

What Is It With These Temperatures?

Last Friday night, as I prowled the Dobyns-Bennett sidelines, I was struck by the fact that there was, at long last, a nip in the air. It felt like fall for the first time. Now as I write these words, my Weather Bug reports that it is 86 degrees and sunny.

After I got in late Friday night, I called the Atmos Energy 24-hour call center to set up an appointment to have the gas turned on at the house. When we moved into our house in May, we inherited gas logs. It is the first time we have ever had them. We cannot wait to use them. The appointment was set for Monday.

I finally get the call on Tuesday, mid-afternoon, that they are at the house. Now the gas is on, the pilot light is glowing... and it is 86 degrees with an extended forecast of mid to upper 80's through Tuesday.

Maybe we can have a Thanksgiving Luau!

1 comment:

  1. You can always come north with me if you like it chilly!

    ReplyDelete