Tuesday, May 19, 2009

HELP NEEDED!

If I promise to keep this short, will you promise to read it all? Good!

This Thursday, May 21, I have agreed to be "arrested" for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. I have never done this and I am very particular concerning for whom I will beg money. Yet, I agreed this time for the following reason.

I had a very good friend by the name of Shirley Smith. A great person with a great smile and a killer alto voice, Shirley was easy to love. I went to church with Shirley and her family for years and have many fond memories of time spent singing and fellowshipping. At an age when life was just getting good, Shirley was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) otherwise known as Lou Gehrig's Disease. We all watched as Shirley became trapped inside a body that would not respond until the day Shirley went on to her heavenly home to sing over Jesus.

MDA has a major division devoted to research to find a cure for ALS. That is why I agreed to be jailed. I have to raise $1700 "bail money." This will help to fund some life-changing research. I have made it very simple to give. Click HERE to be taken to my own MDA webpage where you can give easily and securely online.

God bless you and thanks so much for helping me with this cause.

1 comment:

  1. Okay....I wouldn't do this for just anybody, but since I ratted you out, I am not obligated to "click here".

    ReplyDelete