Friday, October 31, 2008

A Funny Thing Happened While "Treat or Treating."


This afternoon, Paige, Ellie and I drove to Knoxville to visit some family and friends who had invited us down. Ellie is about a year older than one of the daughters and they wanted to go out "trick or treating" together. For those playing along at home, I now call this activity "treat or treating" because I don't see the point in offering a choice.

In order to join in on the fun, Paige reprised her monk outfit and I transformed into my alter ego, Pastor Percy Love. All of the children and the women folk walked through the neighborhood and I divided time between riding in the chase vehicle and working on my John Travolta walk. When we would happen upon a group of people, Pastor Percy didn't miss a chance to share the love.

At one point we walked past a group of ladies and one, who I later assumed drew the short straw, approached Pastor Percy. "Didn't we used to date back in the '70's?" she asked with a smile.

Pastor Percy didn't skip a beat and replied, "Baby, if we had dated, there would have never been a 'used to.'" She shrieked with laughter and ran back to her posse.

Good times.

1 comment:

  1. I was there, it was a night to "remember". You go Pastor P.

    ReplyDelete