Monday, July 13, 2009

The Surgical Saga Continues...

This morning, a (reportedly) high-rated local hospital, Indian Path Medical Center, apparently discovered they have an operating room that leaks when it rains. Not sure how, they just said that it was flooded. This is the 21st century, right? They call and say Paige's surgery is postponed.

After not hearing anything other than "they will probably reschedule for tomorrow," and thinking that at 4:30 the people responsible for scheduling would be leaving soon, I called the hospital. Here is the unofficial transcript of that conversation.

"Hello, Indian Path Admitting."

"Hello, my wife, Paige Brooks, had been scheduled for surgery today and it was postponed. I was just wanting to know if they had been rescheduled for tomorrow and what time."

"Yes sir, they are doing those surgeries tomorrow. Let's see, um....... I would have her here at... uh. Well, what time were you scheduled for today?"

"11:00 am"

"Well, that will probably be okay... 11am."

"That will probably be okay? Is that the official word?"

"Yes. Yes sir! We'll see you tomorrow morning at 11AM."

So now having the official word, I wanted to let all those who were interested know that we are now scheduled for tomorrow morning, same Bat time, same Bat channel.

One must laugh to keep from crying. We feel your prayers. Which reminds me... I am going to have to get back on my soap box just a moment. We have received all manner of well-wishes. We have received countless notices, verbally and electronically, that people are praying. We have also received "thoughts and feelings" and probably some Beach Boy "good vibrations." Understand that we appreciate your concern in whatever form it presents itself, however, thoughts, feelings, and vibrations will do nothing to help our stress or heal Paige's body. Only the God of the Universe, the Prince of Peace, the Great Physician has the "where-with-all" to make a difference in our situation. If you don't know Him-- please, let me pray for you. We will be fine no matter what comes of this. But if you don't know Jesus Christ, you have a much greater need than we have.

I had to get that off my chest.

I will keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment