Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Just got my new Toms Shoes. Read on.

Are they the best looking, most comfortable shoes I have ever owned? Hardly. Ellie commented that she liked my new slippers. I thought long and hard about spending money on these shoes, and I decided to go for it. Why? Because I want to support a company that has the goal of impacting the world in a positive way. For every pair of Toms shoes that is purchased, a pair is given to a child somewhere in the world who does not have shoes. To date, Toms Shoes has given over 200,000 pairs of shoes to children around the world. They have a goal of giving out 300,000 pairs in 2009 alone. I have been too many places and have seen too many children who did not have their very basic needs met. I have left many pairs of shoes myself, however, the places I have visited have not had too many people, especially children, who could wear my 13's.
 
So while I know I will endure much heckling from my East Tennessee brethren and can imagine picking up a new moniker- like "Hop Sing" (of Bonanza fame)- I will wear these bad boys and know that somewhere a child is wearing some just like them and her feet are protected from the elements.
 
Find out more here: http://www.tomsshoes.com

Posted via email from tigerbrooks's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment