Thursday, October 1, 2009

I'm Taking The B90x Challenge. Are You Up For It?

About two months ago an interesting tweet floated across my twitter. Pastor Steven Furtick from Elevation Church in Charlotte (one of the fastest growing churches in America), challenged his staff to take the B90x Challenge. B90x (obviously a play on the P90x fitness DVD craze) is a Bible reading plan to take you through the entire word of God in 90 days. Here is part of the "sales pitch":

"B90x is a revolutionary system of intense, truth-absorbing, brain-busting Bible reading that will transform your understanding of Scripture from intro to nitro in just 90 days!"

Being a sucker for great wit and great ideas, I found this to be exquisite. All of the sudden, I started noticing more and more #B90x twitter hashtags (forgive my social networking jargon). Last night, James "The (former) Intern" Eaton, tweeted (I just can't stop myself) that he and several others were stepping up to the challenge. I figured it was about time I read through it again, so I decided to go for it. Can you ever read it too many times? So I ask you, why not join us?

It is October 1. Start now and by New Years Day you could be prepared to enter the new year armed with a much broader understanding of God's word and spiritual insights that will assist you as, together, we storm the gates of hell in 2010! Then you can get started on your other resolutions (kidding).

Here is the link to the B90x reading plan so you can print it out for yourself- B90x

If you are into Twitter, when you complete your daily reading, remember to tweet the #B90x hashtag so that you can be held accountable. And if you decide to do this with me, please drop me a note so that we can keep each other going.

I hope to share some insights in my blog on a regular basis. No promises.

So come on, people! Who's with me?

2 comments:

  1. Tiger I love this idea. I am with you, I didn't start yesterday but I will make up for it today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiger, I just wanted you to know that you inspired me to try B90X! Today was my first day, and I really think I can do this! Previously I've only tried Bible-in-a-year plans, but I actually think I like this better!

    ReplyDelete