Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

As I sit on my comfy couch watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, my heart is overflowing with gratitude to my Heavenly Father for His blessings. The inevitable question will most likely come your way today from some distant relative, "So what are you thankful for?" That question always seems to come my way when I am elbow deep into some turkey and dressing. I figured I might go ahead and answer the question in blog form so that I will not have to keep my mouth from the more important duties it has today.

A Few Things Tiger Is Thankful For:

  • God who created me and loved me enough to send His Son, Jesus, to redeem me
  • A gorgeous, talented, God-fearing, loving wife and mother to my daughter
  • A beautiful, healthy daughter
  • Parents that love me and raised me right
  • A sister who, I remain convinced, hung the moon, and her amazing family
  • A mother-in-law (downstairs) with whom I have a great relationship
  • An unbelievable, loving extended family of aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. 
  • MANY great friends
  • A fantastic church family
  • An amazing job with a marvelous staff (ISBC AND WCQR)
  • Wonderful students to disciple and do ministry with
  • Great adults who help make it happen
  • A warm, dry house
  • More than sufficient clothing
  • Vehicles that easily remain operable
  • Plentiful, good food
  • I am thankful for Kingsport, THE best place to be raised and to live!
  • Believe it or not, I am thankful for clean water that flows right into my house
  • The men and women who make up our armed forces and who have always stood in the gap protecting the freedoms that we all enjoy.
If you care enough to read these meanderings, I am thankful for you too. I pray God's blessings on you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment