Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall Break Get-Away...So Far

I was able to get out to Barnes and Noble tonight and borrow some Wi/Fi so here are some highlights of my family vacation thus far:
  • We brought Ellie's bike and we rented a couple of cruisers for the week. Money well spent. We have had a ball pedaling all over the island. Sunday, Ellie's bike either hit something or the handlebars were knocked out of her hands, but she stopped as if hitting a brick wall, went flying over the front of her bike straight into the bike path and the bike flipped up on top of her. I was following and I jumped off and snatched the bike off of her. She was shocked more than anything. PRAISE THE LORD she had nothing wrong but a few scrapes that didn't even bleed out. It was quite amazing to see. We are very thankful.
  •  The weather has been amazing! Sunny and 75 degrees everyday. Very few folks out on the beach.
  • Two best meals so far have been at Dye's Gullah Fixin's and Chef David's Roastfish and Cornbread. We are trying places we have not tried before. Many friends have asked for a list of favorites so I will compile that at the end of the week.
  • Ellie asked a great question tonight at dinner. It is Wednesday and normally I would be standing in front of a "SAC'ful" of students exegeting the Word of God... and Ellie knows that. She asked, "Daddy, which is more important, church or vacation?" I commended her on a great question and began to tell her how much value Jesus placed on BOTH. He went to great measures to teach people AND He made sure to steal away time for Himself and His disciples. We should never forget the importance and necessity of both of these worthy tasks.Very grateful for Wayne Strasser for filling in for me tonight and a host of student ministry volunteers for keeping on keeping on.
  • As important as it is for me to rest, relax and renew, my heart is heavy for some situations back home. I hurt for friends and I'm angry with Satan (what else is new?) But at the same time, I am super excited about what God is doing at ISBC and in our community at large. Anticipating amazing things as we approach the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment