Sunday, August 26, 2007

Misc. Meanderings...

I know, no blog in few days. Sorry. I have been busy and today, it's another Sabbath spent all day at church. There's something wrong about that. Anyway, I finished up what I needed to prepare and now I have time to reflect on a few things:
  • During the pre-race festivities before the Food City 500 last night in Bristol, the guy who prayed actually prayed, "Thank you, Lord, for racing the way it out to be." For those of you that don't know, that is one of Bristol Motor Speedway's slogans. How awesome is that?
  • It is finally football time in Tennessee! High School kicked off this past week and this week the mighty Vols head to California for a pigskin tussle.
  • We are coming into my favorite time of the year. Now if the temperature would only drop about 30 degrees.
  • Rumor has it that despite everything, Michael Vick has signed a lucrative endorsement contract with yet another big time shoe company... Hush Puppies! I know, I know how insensitive? Grow up or read someone else's blog! :)
  • I cannot believe how hot it has been lately. This has got to be one of the hottest Augusts on record. I have put off doing a bunch of outdoor stuff and it is all going to catch up with me.
  • The following was a letter to the editor in today's Kingsport Times-News:
Free ads for local prostitutes
I am amazed at the number of times I have seen the Kingsport Times-News provide free advertising for prostitutes in this area. Has no one ever considered that when the names and complete street addresses of local women arrested for prostitution are placed in the newspaper that future clients of these women have no trouble locating them?
Heck, prostitutes are not able to pay for advertisement of their services in the local telephone directories, but the local newspapers provide totally free advertisement for them on a regular basis. Someone needs to wake up and realize what is being promoted to our community.


Lynn R. Schmidt
Kingsport

Is it just me or does old Lynn have too much time on his hands? Have you ever perused the FYI section and thought, "Hmmm, maybe I'll look this criminal up." My goodness...

No comments:

Post a Comment