Monday, September 3, 2007

21st Century Crayons

Happy Labor Day! I hope this blog entry finds you doing well. The Brooks' are gearing up to send Ellie back to preschool tomorrow. At least for one more year she gets to start school AFTER Labor Day as God had intended it to be.

Today, Mama 'Rie (maternal grandmother) surprised Ellie with a back-to-school gift, a set of new, state-of-the-art crayons... Crayola Twistables. Now, you may already be familiar with these little wonders but Big Daddy has never seen them. They are more closely akin to Paige's lip liners than the crayons I grew up with. They are encased in a plastic cylinder that can be twisted to give more crayon as needed. The awesome thing is that you always maintain a nice point with which to draw.

Remember when you got a new box of crayons and you used them until the points all dulled and you had to tear the paper and then utilize a sharpener? They were never the same. Not anymore, my friend. These things are so cool.

1 comment:

  1. I remember getting new crayons when I was a kid. The rich kids got the pack of 64. I always got the pack of 16.

    ReplyDelete