Sunday, November 25, 2007

Ahh Yes... The Perfect Turkey Sandwich

I just settled into the Big Daddy chair with my favorite post-Thanksgiving indulgence.  You take two slices of your favorite sandwich bread and slather on copious amounts of real mayonnaise (Duke's for me...none of that Miracle Whip or fat-free junk.)  Then layer on several slices of cold, left-over turkey.  Sprinkle on a little salt and pepper to taste and you've got yourself an enjoyable few minutes ahead.

As I sit here and watch what has to be the twenty-something football game of the weekend, I am reflecting on my Thanksgiving holiday.  In a word, it was nice.  We only had one mass family feast, so there was not an excessive amount of travel with which to contend.  I had the opportunity to preach this morning and so I had to set aside a few moments here and there to put in the study time, which was not too difficult with a lighter-than-normal holiday schedule.

I would be remiss if I did not point out the wonderful victory my Vols experienced yesterday.  It was a 4-overtime thriller marking consecutive victory number 23 against the Kentucky Wildcats and sending the Big Orange into the SEC Championship game next week.  I laughed, I cried and I cussed (almost :) ), but it was a game for the ages.

Another thing I can add to my thankful list is the fact that my sermon went well.  I addressed a rather controversial topic and received positive feedback.  I don't want to ruin it for you.  I will try to put up an audio link on this bad boy.

Well, I am rambling and I am through with my sandwich and headed for some pie.  I hope your holiday went well also.  Catch ya later.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment