Saturday, November 3, 2007

Bono: Sounds Like He Found What He Was Looking For

I grew up in the '80's. THE most enduring band, which rose to stardom in the mid '80's and is now still heading on a rising trajectory...is U2. I loved the music, it was powerful, and the names...Bono, The Edge... they were mysterious and engaging. But I came to faith in the mid '80's and was told I ought not listen to THAT kind of music. Then there was the question: Is Bono a Christian or not? He sings about streets with no names, but he does not look or act like a Christian.

Take all the time you need to view this series of videos from an interview that Bono gave to Bill Hybels, the pastor of Willow Creek Church. It may take a few days. They average about 8 minutes each. This is very thought provoking and challenging stuff. Also let me know what you think. I haven't had a comment in forever. Can you hear me now? Tap, Tap, Is this thing on?

Part One


Part Two


Part Three


Part Four


Part Five


Part Six


Part Seven


Part Eight

No comments:

Post a Comment