Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter: Jesus Is Risen!

Last night, my family enjoyed our first communion with our new church. It was a Good Friday Lord's Supper service and it was quite meaningful.

The tradition at Easter for most American, Christ-following, church-goers is to breakout the Springtime wear or pick-up a new dress/suit/sport coat, depending upon your gender, or maybe a new tie or shoes. I can't remember the last time I bought something special for Easter. I always just go with my regular rotation of "Sunday Attire." But this year is different. I have been wanting a seersucker suit for years. It should be a staple for any self-respecting southern gentleman, who finds himself having to wear suits for a living. Well it just so happens that my mother decided that I should have one for my birthday this year.

Since you have to kill a lot of seers to get enough suckers to make me a suit, I had to go to Men Of Measure to track one down. Remarkably, they could order one for me at a very reasonable price. So tomorrow morning I will be celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior in a new suit for the first time in years.

Now, if I only knew what color shoes and belt to wear...

Celebratory Cheat Day
Despite the fact that my family is on NutriSystem (Yes, Paige is on it now too!) we will be celebrating Easter with a trip to Meadowview's Sunday Buffet.

I have lost 10 lbs. since last Saturday and Paige has lost 3 lbs.

2 comments:

  1. whoa. 10 pounds in one week.
    awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man- I wish I could have worn something springy to church! But, since we had snow, I stuck to a sweater! :) Congrats on the weight loss... keep it up!

    ReplyDelete