Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's All Good

The first Wednesday is in the bag. It was a wonderful experience for me. The kids were attentive and engaged while I was having a blast teaching. I can't begin to describe to you the feeling experienced when you walk through a door opened by God, but what kind of a blog would this be if I did not try.

For the singer, it is the feeling of singing a song that is perfectly within your range and nicely matches the color of your voice. For the football player, it is the feeling of making a hard tackle so perfectly that there is no pain, just pure force. For the sailor, it is akin to coming about hard to starboard and having the wind completely fill the sails propelling the vessel effortlessly across the water. Maybe one of these resonates with you.

For many years I made a habit of suppressing the Holy Spirit's gentle whispers and nudgings. I missed out on countless opportunities and went through some pretty lean times. God was calling me into the ministry and I kept making excuses so I could maintain the status quo. Part of my calling includes encouraging others not to make the same mistakes I did.

In the immortal words of Jon Bon Jovi, "You gotta keep the faith."

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tiger, glad to hear things are going well. I'm excited for you at the new church, I know that you, in the words of our friend Travis Smith, "brought forth GOLD" last night at Youth. I'm glad things worked at and your are happy!
    Just to let you know my Brazil trip was amazing. I'll have to fill you in on the details sometime. Thanks again for helping me out with the trip. Take care of yourself and I will talk with you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and it WAS all good from what i heard!
    Thanks for following God and stepping out in faith when we all know that it IS so much easier to stay in your comfort zone and maintain...
    You will be blessed as you are already blessing!

    ReplyDelete