Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What Is God Up To?

Life is weird right now. I am in my last week serving at Calvary Baptist Church. Yesterday, I spent the day "processing" my office. I have to sort through all the stuff that needs to be thrown out (and should have been tossed a long time ago,) while also culling out that which belongs to me from what belongs to the church. As you can imagine, that is not an easy process, physically or emotionally. I was confronted with hundreds of great memories. I came across great cards, letters and small notes of thanks from people and situations about which I had long forgotten. Taking my coveted Velvet Elvis off my wall carried with it a somber note of finality, as well.

On top of this, last Sunday my pastor at Calvary, Dr. Frank Crawford, announced his resignation effective at the end of February. He has accepted the call to serve as pastor at First Baptist, Somerville, TN, which is in Fayette County, the county next door to his hometown of Memphis. I am very happy that he has the opportunity to serve a community so near to his family, especially his aging parents.

Don't get me wrong- I feel like a kid who just got the last Nintendo Wii off the shelf. I am excited about getting ready to take over as Minister of Students at Indian Springs Baptist, but still- I can't help but think about what Calvary is experiencing. Why has God worked in such a way? What is He wanting to do and what is He wanting to show them? These are big questions. The kind of questions that require "God-Big" faith.

Yes, life is weird, but I feel like God is preparing to move in a way that I have never seen nor experienced before and it is a great feeling.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment